Welcome to the Presence of IT support newsletter. This newsletter is a way for Presence of IT to keep our support clients networked with their peers and our support staff. Our aim is to keep our support clients up to date with the latest support news and processes, as well as information about upcoming system patches and legislative fixes.
If there is anything you would like to see included or items that you would like us to address, please email email@example.com .
In this issue:
New Oracle E-Business HRMS Patch And Release Information
The following patches have been released:
Australian Cumulative Release AU.14 has been released. The details are as follows:
- 11i - 11734693 - Australia Cumulative Release 11i.AU.14
- R12.0 - 11734698:R12.PER.A - Australia Cumulative Release R12.AU.14
- R12.1 - 11734698:R12.PER.B - Australia Cumulative Release R121.AU.14
AU.14 includes the following:
- Addition of Foreign Worker support for Postscript Payment Summary
- Recalculation Event for Statutory Paid Parental Leave Payment seeded element for Enhanced RetroPay is seeded
NOTE: AU.14 is not mandatory for EOY processing for 2010/2011 year.
AU.15 - is targeted for release by the 17th June 2011. This patch is scheduled to contain the following:
- Seeded recurring element for Paid Parental Leave
- Flood Levy changes
- Changes to PAYG, HELP, SFSS and SATO tax scales
- ETP threshold changes
- Superannuation threshold changes
More information will be available with the release.
Critical Patch Update For April 2011 Now Available
The Critical Patch Update (CPU) for April 2011 was released on April 19, 2011. Oracle strongly recommends applying the patches as soon as possible. The Critical Patch Update Advisory is the starting point for relevant information. It includes a list of products affected, pointers to obtain the patches, a summary of the security vulnerabilities, and links to other important documents. Supported Products that are not listed in the 'Supported Products and Components Affected' Section of the advisory do not require new patches to be applied.
Also, it is essential to review the Critical Patch Update supporting documentation referenced in the Advisory before applying patches, as this is where you can find important pertinent information.
The Critical Patch Update Advisory is available at the following location:Critical Patch Updates and Security Alerts
New Consolidated Update Patch For OA Framework 12.1.3 Now Available
All of the web-based content in Oracle E-Business Suite 12 depends upon the Oracle Applications Framework (OAF or 'OA Framework') windowing libraries and infrastructure. Updates to OA Framework are generally delivered as part of the major Release Update Pack cycle.
For example, the EBS 12.1.3 Release Update Pack was released in August 2010. That Release Update Pack included the ATG 12.1.3 Family Pack, which, in turn, included the latest level of OA Framework libraries for that release.
Given the central nature of these libraries, it's a significant event when OA Framework team releases a standalone set of updates outside of the usual Release Update Pack delivery cycle. They have just released a new OA Framework patchset for EBS 12.1.3: OA Framework R126.96.36.199 (Patch 11894708:R12.FWK.B)
End Of Year (EOY) Processing Pre-Requisites - Oracle
Customers must be on a minimum of the following to be supported for the 2010/2011 end of year processing in EBS:
- 11i – 11.HR_PF.K RUP 5 and AU.13
- R12 – R12.HR_PF.A.delta.8 and AU.13
- R12.1 – R12.HR_PF.B.Delta.3 and AU.13
Version EOY White Paper
The latest version 10.1 of the End of Year White paper is available on My Oracle Support. Article ID 1295100.1
New PeopleSoft HCM Patch Information
The following is a summary of the latest Peoplesoft HCM patches released since March 2011.
GP Update 2011-B (Update Id 852868 For 9.0/852847 For 9.1/852874 For 8.9)
- Issue with off cycle on-demand page calendar creation
- CPF AC ORD LMT YTD wrongly accumulated
- Forecasting performance change required
- Prev value accm system element does not work correctly with retr
- GP AUS audit issues on the build c350
- Paygw self print payment summary specification v5.1 - foreign emp income
GP Update 2011-C (Update Id 852869 For 9.0/852848 For 9.1/852875 For 8.9)
- Display issue for zero forecast balance
- Absence approval process abends
- Payslip not showing correct pay period dates when there is period segmentation
- Absence balance not carried forward upon reversal of calendar
- Status of rows generated from absence mgt, not updated in payable time table
- GPPDRUN process hangs: not able to proceed further
- Retro calculation of forwarding weeks causes double payment
HRMS 9.1 Bundle #5 (Update Id 843102)
- Multiple fixes to both setup and transactional components.
HRMS 9.0 Bundle #16 (Update Id 852830)
- Multiple fixes to both setup and transactional components.
HRMS 9.1 Maintenance Pack #3 (Update Id 864483 For Delta/864485 For Cumulative)
There are multiple critical patch updates released for PeopleTools and HRMS. A high level summary of the resolutions can be found on My Oracle Support.
EOY Tax Patch
The following is an update on the proposed dates for EOY Tax Patch:
It is planned to deliver a mini bundle consolidating the following incidents:
- PAYG withholding
- PAYG rates and thresholds for Senior Australians
- Higher Education Loan Program
- Student Financial Supplement Scheme
- Maximum superannuation contribution base
- Tax Free Limit (TER FM LUMPD)
The target date is 17th June 2011 for all releases. Please note that this target date would be end of business day in India, so the patch should be available the next morning Australian time.
For the flood levy, Oracle Development plan to post an individual patch for Releases 8.9 and 9.0 by 17th June 2011 and for Releases 9.1 and 8.8 SP1 by 24th June 2011.
Also, for your reference: The patch for the Amendment to Electronic Reporting Specification - PAYG Withholding Payment Summary V10.0 EFFDT July 2010 has been posted recently and can be downloaded from My Oracle Support.
For further details, please keep reviewing the Knowledge Management document 1318729.1
From The Field : Issues With Database Upgrade To Version 188.8.131.52/HCM Upgrade To 12.1.3
Recently a client was upgrading their Oracle database from 10.2.0.4 to 184.108.40.206 and their HCM application from 12.0.4 to 12.1.3. During the testing phase, five environments had their database and application upgraded without problem. One of the successfully upgraded environments included a database using the same infrastructure as the Production database.However, an issue was experienced, the upgrade of the database was successful but a database error occurred while the application was being upgraded.
A Severity 1 defect was logged with Oracle and the client decided to use one of their Production Support databases (PS) as their Production system. Using PS required changes to URLs that were used by interfacing applications and also for users who had stored the URL as a Favorite. This interim solution was successful for the client.
Oracle discovered the problem in the last week of May. Some other Oracle E-Business Suite customers hit a similar issue affecting other modules (Oracle Projects) and have had success setting a 'hidden' configuration parameter for the database. Hidden parameters are usually only set for specific purposes under the guidance of Oracle support or in response to a known bug. The particular parameter in question was set in the Production environment back in 2009 in response to a bug that affected the way database statistics were collected. The parameter is either set to TRUE (the default) or FALSE and, in 2009, it was set to FALSE. To fix the current issue, it needs to be set to TRUE.
In the other environments, this parameter is left unset, because, as the data is much more static, the client did not collect statistics. The bug for which the parameter was set in 2009 is now fixed in the latest version (220.127.116.11) which means the parameter can be left set to TRUE without the 2009 error re-appearing.
The setting was changed in the Production environment and the upgrade was successful.
Presence of IT Employee Calendar - Enhancement,To Be Released
A new version of the employee calendar will be released shortly with the following enhancements:
- Display Absence Icons as per client preferences
- Display employee roster details in the roster calendar
- Standardize the Employee calendar column widths
- Include day of week in the column heading
Presence of IT HR Assistant - Patch Released
A new patch was released in May 2011 for the Presence of IT HR Assistant. A number of issues have been addressed and resolved in this new release xxpoitPerHRAssistantApplTier_Rel2.0_P003.
The resolved issues include:
- In the Pay Runs Summary Screen, HR Assistant showed an incorrect Gross Pay Amount when there is a pre-tax deduction.
- If an employee is terminated in the mid of pay period(with actual termination date same as FPD) and the quick pay is run for the same period then that pay run was not listed in the Pay Runs summary screen.
- HR Assistant did not show the first period an element is paid in the Element Details screen.
- Where a person is a Contingent Worker or an Ex-employee HR Assistant was displaying the old Employee Number rather than the current Contingent Worker id
Full release notes, installation guide and the patch installation file are available to our customers from the Presence of IT LiveTime Knowledge Base.
Oracle HRMS - Changing Legal Employer (Mid - Period)
A few notes regarding changing an employee's assigned Legal Employer (mid - period:)
- Changes to an employee's legal employer cannot be done retrospectively
- Changes to an employee's legal employer information can be made mid - period as long as there is no processed payroll record with a pay date after the date of the change. For example: An offset pay for the previous pay period of plus two days would therefore not allow the legal employer change from the start of the next pay period
- There is no pro-ration between legal employers when there is a mid period change. For Ex: When a legal employer change is done in advance then the full amount of the pay period will be associated with the Legal Employer as of the pay date
- A single earnings statement is produced with all details associated with the new Legal Employer
Support Team Spotlight – Nithin Movva
My very first job was … Research analyst at a pharmaceutical company.
My earliest memory is … getting a bloody patch on my head.
At school I … was thinking why the hell should I study?
I’m very bad at … prioritising.
My favourite gadget is … my iPhone.
My most treasured possession is … my wristwatch.
It’s not fashionable but I love … Philosophy.
If I wasn’t me I’d like to be … a stock broker.
At the moment I’m reading … Politics by Aristotle.
Something about you that most people don’t know about… Dogs scare the hell out of me