LEIGHTON CONTRACTORS BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION PROJECT (LCBT)
Leighton Contractors was established in 1949 and through experience and innovation has evolved into one of Australia’s leading contractors, service providers and project developers with over 9000 employees. The company is a diverse group of dynamic business covering construction, resources, telecommunications, industrial and energy, and investment and facility management sectors.
The evolution of the Leighton Contractors company through growth and acquisition of a diversity of businesses also brought a network of disparate legacy systems and a need to:
1. Resolve inherent issues resulting from disparate systems and processes including:
- Support and Maintenance capability
- Ineffective Integration between systems
- Inconsistency in business processes across the company
- Double entry and inaccuracies in data
2. Establish a platform of technology that would
- Support organic growth, acquisition and growing complexity
- Be current and maintainable;
- Enable a shared services model to be developed
- Optimise IT Infrastructure costs
- Permit consolidation and segregation of various businesses
The Leighton Contractors Business Transformation Project (LCBT) was established under an Alliance (OPAL) comprising four key partners Oakton, Presence of IT, and Accenture together with Leighton Contractors.
The solution was deployed in two key phases Release 1 & 2 to provide for transitioning through effective project management, change management and business transformation.
- Release 1 included HR and Payroll and key integration points with MAPS, Maximo and Page UP in a phased deployment. HR was deployed in August 2009 to approximately 12,000 employees and payroll was progressively rolled out to 5000 employees from September 2009 to February, 2010.
- Release 2 completed the solution through the deployment of Procurement, Finance and Project Financials with key integration points to Site Management System (SMS) as well as the Maximo system for the Leighton Mining Business Unit in November 2009.
HR / PAYROLL DEPLOYMENT
Presence of IT successfully delivered the scope of work specifically around the Release 1 - HR / Payroll Deployment and support of Release 2 including:
- Project Management of HR / Payroll Functional stream
- Deployment of HR to approximately 12,500 employees and contingent workers
- Deployment of Payroll to over 5,000 employees across 11 payrolls including Salaried and Wages Staff
- Integrated Oracle Time and Labour timesheets with Oracle Projects to provide for a Standard Cost and / or Actual Cost capability for project accounting
- Integration with Oracle Financials through a sub ledger accounting process
- Development of unique value adding extensions including a fully configurable Award Interpreter used to interpret complex wages staff agreements and a payroll verification tool for the testing of year end patches
- Technical consulting expertise in the analysis, design, build and deployment of complex integration, custom reporting requirements, and workflow
- Functional consulting expertise in the analysis, design, build and deployment of the HR / Payroll requirements with integration to legacy applications including Project Cost Ledger, General Ledger, MAPS, Page Up, and Maximo
The OPAL Alliance successfully completed the LCBT project on the 05th March, 2010 under budget.
ABOUT PRESENCE OF IT
Our focus is our customer and our people are our strength.
Presence of IT is a focussed Human Capital business. Started as an Australian technology company in 1999, we're now a leading player in Human Capital Strategic and technological services, with offices in Australia, USA, Canada and Singapore.
We have successfully leveraged this position to provide our clients specialist consulting services in workforce management (WFM), integration, web-enablement, Human Capital Advisory services, training, documentation and change management services.
A commitment to a relationship based engagement model with our clients and actively recruiting only the very best permanent consultants has ensured that we provide our customers with a level of service second to none.